Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Activity Quiet

There are some activities which all Mamas have tucked away in the corners of their mind for when calm but busy is needed.
Here are some of our favourites.


Colour mixing: Oh my how they love this (and so do I!) All those magnificent colours to play with and change into more magnificent colours. Sometimes indoors, sometimes out.





Water displacement with pebbles: this is quite sensory with those smooth colourful pebbles and the slippery, magnifying water. 




Blocks: any size any shape any colour made into anything you like. I'm not sure there is much better.




Postman: this comes mainly courtesy of my beautiful cousin who made this set for Autumn last Christmas (and we added a post box). We all change roles; who's the postman, who's posting a letter to a friend, who's open mouthed and excited...'For me?'.(The last bit is extra chuckle worthy)


 (And then there's the washing, which can be seen in the background of this pic, more of a Mama activity but sometimes I gather a few helpers)

There are others too. What's in the Mama activities corner of your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment