Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Art for art's sake

Today I present my current collection of wall art:


I do not, actively encourage drawing or painting on furniture or walls ( in fact I actively discourage it!), alas it seems to happen. Not all the time but often enough at the moment. There are two contributors to this gallery but there is definitely a ringleader.


Her creative urge is always bubbling at the surface and this I love. I find it difficult to be cross when she is creating what she feels is beauty. 
Not so long ago I found her new red and white polkadot rashie (swim shirt) with pen in all the polka dots. When asked about it she replied ' I made it beautiful, do you like it?'
Oh, sweetheart.
These are pictures drawn and stuck by the fireplace lovingly for her brother.


Her bedroom walls are not immune.


Neither is Mama & Dada's bedroom. 



And there used to be the most magnificent spider on the bathroom door, in permanent marker! (it was cleaned off by mistake). I guess my role in this is to provide a place where she can use and grow this part of her. I'm finding small spaces to enable it amongst the rest of family life.

“It will be gone before you know it. The fingerprints on the wall appear higher and higher, then suddenly they disappear.” Dorothy Evslin

I love the fingerprints. And the wall art.

No comments:

Post a Comment