Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Laundry Garden

This little patch of earth brings me joy.

When I have a day, or string of days, that consist of very little other than laundry and kitchen time there where my puppy friend eats and drinks grows this little garden. A small patch between the pavers that I thought, when we first moved in, might change the outlook from this laundry depending on what happened here. So I placed a few rocks and small plants. I enjoy looking out there, watching the small changes, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. 





My mother-in-law, who mothered seven children, (Yep, that's right, seven. One fostered and six of her own bringing into this world.) says 'Enjoy hanging the washing. You're outside and your baby's happy on the grass.'
Beneath the sun, in the breeze, baby by, nothing to hurry for, she couldn't be more right. But before I make it out to the line I have this little garden. Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment