Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Plus ten

I looked in the mirror yesterday morning (a rare and dangerous time waster) and I think I saw myself in ten years time. Not that I haven't looked in mirror and seen this before but there she was this morning.


Every so often, and I'm yet to figure out why, (and may never; as mothering teaches one) my little Winter wakes just before I float off to sleepie land. And then she's off and racing. Of course at this time of the night it is Mama's goal to 'resettle' her so we can all holiday in the happy land of slumber. Hmmm. A little feeding, cuddling, burping, jigging, Etsying, rocking and red eyes later, more yelling. So, lights on, sit up , What's going on? I say, hoping she's going to enlighten me...


and then she smiles, eyes puffy and not quite clear and under control, but grinning, 'hhherrrrrrr'.
Not funny sweetheart, Mama went to bed 3 hours ago.


Now it's 2 am.
Babies. Who knows.


This one has been upgraded to the bigger non-rocking version.


And here's why: when your babe does this when your eye is turned it's time to accept and move on (for safety's sake at least).



And now she makin' music and is pretty happy 'bout that. (Not at 2am mind you.)



But when she's having a tough day and just needs a little nap to get her through, she snuggles on Mama's chest and it does us both a world of good 'cause this is what she gives me when she wakes, no kidding, every time. This one, she smiles ALOT. What a wonderful blessing.


Hope your day ends on a happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment